Metro Gear Drive
When shopping for a fixed-deck, gear drive mower, you should have no trouble finding one or two of the three attributes listed above. But to get all three in a single machine, you’re looking at a Metro. Its five-inch-deep UltraCut deck delivers the sought-after Exmark cut. Metro 36- and 48-inch gear drive mowers have the patented Enhanced Control System, with handle placement and design that reduces vibrations and relieves fatigue. All Metro mowers have rugged Kawasaki® V-Twin engines and deliver the quality and features you’re looking for. All at a price that puts it within reach of virtually any budget.
Metro Gear Drive Features
Simple Drive Belt Maintenance
Drive belts can be changed quickly and easily – no tools required. Deck belts are also easily adjusted.
The Metro delivers excellent performance with speeds up to 6.2 mph and reverse assist. High-clearance, well-balanced decks also make curb climbing and trailering easy.
Commercial Grade Engine
Equipped with the FS481V Kawasaki® V-Twin engine.
Enhanced Control System
Our patented ECS puts the operator’s hands in a natural, neutral position to help reduce fatigue.
- Steering Control Gear drive with Enhanced Control System (ECS), forward/reverse assist.
- Casters .38" thick caster yoke arms
- Front Caster Tires 9 x 3.5-4, smooth-tread, semi-pneumatic.
- Drive Tires 13 x 6.5-6, 4-ply Turf Master®
- Safety Package Operator Presence Controls (OPC). Operator must have transmission in neutral and blades disengaged to leave operator’s position without stopping engine.
- Parking Brake Standard; brake bands.
- Electrical No battery, recoil start.
- UPC 193308000022
- Engine Model FS481V
- Engine Brand Kawasaki
- Engine Series V-Twin
- Engine Speed 3,600 rpm
- Air Filter Standard Engine Manufacturer's air filter
- Drive Description Direct drive from transmission to double-belt wheel drives
- Speed 2.0 mph (3.2 kmph) to 6.2 mph (10 kmph) forward, reverse assist.
- PTO Engagement Lever-actuated blade engagement with blade brake.
- Fuel Capacity 5-gallon (18.9-L) fuel tank.
- Drive Wheel Release Gearbox in neutral allows unit movement without engine running.
- Deck Lift Manual blade spacer, front caster spacer and axle position adjustment.
- Fuel System Carbureted
- Engine Displacement 603
- Engine HP* 14.5*
- Drive Belt-Drive
- Fuel Indicator None
- Carb Compliant Yes
- Fuel Type Gas Carbureted
- Engine Spec _S06
- *The gross horsepower of gasoline engines was laboratory rated at 3600 rpm by the engine manufacturer in accordance with SAE J1940 or SAE J2723. The gross horsepower of the 3TNV80FT was laboratory rated at 2600 rpm; the 3TNV88C was laboratory rated at 3000 rpm by the engine manufacturer in accordance with SAE J1995. As configured to meet safety, emission and operating requirements, the actual engine horsepower on these mowers may be significantly lower.
- Deck Style Fixed Deck
- Deck Style Description Fixed UltraCut Series 2, side discharge standard, with molded discharge chute and option to bag or mulch.
- Width / Cutting Deck 36"
- Deck Construction 10-gauge top that is formed and continuously seam welded, 7-gauge side skirt and 7-gauge welded spindle mounting locations for improved strength.
- Cutting Heights 1.0" (2.5 cm) to 4.25" (10.8 cm) in 0.25" (0.64 cm) increments.
- Blade Spindles No maintenance, sealed and non-greasable spindles; 5.40"-diameter cutter housing and 1.0” diameter spindle tube.
- Blade Tip Speed Approximately 18,500 fpm.
- Blades 2 Blades at 18.00" Length
- Width 47.0 in. (119.4 cm)
- Length 78.0 in. (198.1 cm)
- Height 43.0 in. (109.2 cm)
- Curb Weight 507
Fits 36" decks. The aerodynamically designed deck, baffles and blades create airflow patterns that circulate leaves and grass for repeated cuttings and even dispersal deep into the turf. Mulching baffles also keep the underside clean, which reduces grass buildup and clumping.
Operator Controlled Discharge (Hand)
The infinitely adjustable blocker door opens and closes, allowing the operator to quickly control discharge when mowing around parked cars and windows. Easily installs and removes without tools.
Protect your zero-turn mower from the elements with this sturdy, waterproof cover. It’s constructed from tough 600-denier polyester, making it abrasion- and tear- resistant. Its elastic opening provides a secure, snug fit.
Lightweight and easy to attach, this 3-bushel grass catcher fits all Exmark Lazer Z, Pioneer, Radius, Vantage* and wide-area walk-behinds. (*Not available for Vantage Propane models.) 116-7042 spacer adapter required for 36" deck models.
We have you coveredDownload PDF